Find your next opportunity now!
Transport Engineer II - AZ / 46965
6955 W Morelos PL Chandler, AZ 85226 US
Welcome to Broadstaff! We are one of the industry's most trusted staffing partners for all things Telecom - Wireless Infrastructure. With over 30 years of combined experience in Telecom, Energy and Technology, our team remains devoted to helping companies find great people and helping people find great jobs.
The Interconnect Engineer will be responsible for providing complete technical oversight and project management for transport network expansion projects with an emphasis on 5G C-Band expansion and database management. These projects focus on the expansion of the 10G dark fiber, 100G routed rings, TDM Decom, and the Fuze / CND Cleanup initiatives supporting Las Vegas, Arizona, New Mexico, and El Paso. The candidate will be responsible for project managing these plans successfully to meet business objectives.
Provide technical support and project management for the design, acquisition, and implementation for all equipment supporting network infrastructure projects including, but not limited to DWDM and Ethernet Optical transport systems deployed throughout the Radio Access Network (RAN)
Tasked with the maintenance of an engineering database for documentation of all fiber assets; plant, FDP panels, and IRU contract management.
Interface with a senior Interconnect Engineer on all projects, in addition to potentially working with engineers and management within other disciplines.
MUST HAVE SKILLS (Most Important):
- Associate's degree or two or more years of relevant work experience.
- Self-motivated, show initiative, and ability to work independently.
- Highly productive and pays close attention to detail.
- Proficient understanding of Microsoft Excel and the ability to work with large amounts of data efficiently.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly and apply working knowledge of wireless engineering on new projects.
- Knowledge and proficiency in one or more of the following platforms and/or technologies:
- DWDM Optical Transport systems including: Fujitsu 9500/CDS, Ciena 6500
- ALU/Nokia 7705, 7750, and 7250 Routers
- Digital Communications including: Fiber, Ethernet, TDM
- Wireless voice and data service including: EVDO, CDMA, LTE
- Five or more years of experience in the cellular/telecommunications industry in a Transport engineering role.
- Project Management Experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Granite circuit database (or CND internally)
- Experience in office computer applications: Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project.
- Executive level troubleshooting, problem solving, project management, and interpersonal skills.
- Superior organizational and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Knowledge with engineering and engineering economic principles
- A degree in Engineering is desired
- Shift: 8AM-5PM, MON-FRI
Meet Your Recruiter
Broadstaff's Program Administrator Julia has tenacious drive, talent and organization. When she's not working, she's hanging out with her cats Simon and Periwinkle.
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales