Find your next opportunity now!
Transport Engineer II - IL / 48366
1701 Golf Rd Tower 2, Ste 100 Rolling Meadows, IL 60008 US
Welcome to Broadstaff! We are one of the industry's most trusted staffing partners for all things Telecom - Wireless Infrastructure. With over 30 years of combined experience in Telecom, Energy and Technology, our team remains devoted to helping companies find great people and helping people find great jobs.
The Engr III Spec-Interconnect position will focus on the coordination of all fiber-based solutions to support bandwith upgrades and new construction locations for the Illinois/Wisconsin team. This position will be engaged in the planning, design and execution of all fiber connectivity projects for radio solutions. The Transport Eng. will closely collaborate with various stakeholders (RF Design team, Network Assurance, Construction, Real estate, and Telco Vendors to help optimize the designs of new and existing technologies. The position works with a group of peer engineers who regularly evaluate the optimization of the transport network, including fronthaul, backhaul and microwave networks. The transport team is responsible for creating, designing and issuing System Design Change Orders and engineering new cells, trunks, cell and switch growth with LTE and C-band carrier additions. Knowledge of Native Ethernet, Dark Fiber and legacy TDM circuits are a requirement. You will be performing a technical role including end to end oversight and project management for multiple transport expansion projects. These initiatives will require a skill set including, IP/router knowledge, dark fiber, and microwave network design. As part of this team, you will play a critical role in our network transformation to build a unified network across all lines of business and maintaining the technology that keeps millions of our customers connected.
Goals of the position:
- Reduce the cost associated with Direct Telecom expenses Developing a monthly interconnect implementation plan that supports macro, CRAN, 5G, VRAN, Small Cell and C-Band build targets.
- Managing telco vendors to meet targeted network milestones and turn-up dates.
- Attending frequent project update meetings.
- Adopting current methods/procedures for interconnect tracking.
- Validate close out packages for work completed Partner with field/systems Network Assurance teams to drive fiber connectivity activation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience required.
- Five or more years of Transport design experience in the cellular/telecommunications industry.
- Knowledge in CWDM/DWDM Optical Transport systems including: Ciena, Nokia and Cisco.
- Experience with Dark Fiber vendors, ordering processes and network portfolio maps.
- Microwave design software experience. Experience with circuit database tracking.
- Proficient in office computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project.
- Must be self-motivated, show initiative, and be able to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills needed.
- Willingness to travel up to 15% for coordination of circuit deliveries.
- Once applicant has mastered needed skills work from home options will be presented
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales