Find your next opportunity now!
Transport Engineer IV- TX/ 50371
400 International Pkwy Richardson, TX 75081 US
• Applicant must have extensive logical (not physical) knowledge of SONET and Long-Distance transport systems
?The Engineer must have a good understanding of the transport network, to effectively initiate and Engineer network projects.
?Deliver the transport planning team’s key strategic business initiatives, including deployment of new network technology and the adoption of new inventory and provisioning systems.
?Perform planning, forecasting and capacity monitoring of LD/ULH Transport network infrastructure and equipment on a regular basis.
?Support LD transport capacity requirements required to support Verizon’s full suite of products and customers, both internal and external.
?Perform capacity research analysis and initiate projects based on customer requirements
?Coordinate with real estate/central office equipment to ensure adequate power, space and cooling are available to support network growth and expansion.
?Perform detailed equipment engineering for network augments. This includes developing all of the specifications required for installation forces to properly install, turn-up, inventory, and configure the equipment, obtaining appropriate management approvals, issuing purchase orders, creating applicable diagrams/ drawings, and ensuring vendor delivery.
?Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
?Develop Bill of Material and place orders and place orders for network equipment, rack, and hardware requirements.
?Define cable requirements, create cable running lists, and order all cables.
?Manage, input, and update central Network Inventory Database (i.e. ICON, Nautilus, CoFEE, CCP) to reflect new builds, adds, and decommissions.
?Develop collaborative working relationships across the Verizon stakeholders and subject matter experts to enable successful iEN LD/ULH Transport implementation.
?Responsible for providing detailed diversity analysis for internal and external groups in support of future customer orders, mesh network growth, and converged core data networks
?Create diversification projects based on user group requirements.
?Perform wavelength rearrangements, as needed to reduce stranded network capacity.
?Support multi-year transport capacity forecasts and network builds in order to determine capital funding requirements, along with relevant business cases and justifications.
?Coordinate with GTNOC and provide ad-hoc restoration for priority systems in the event of fiber cable outages.
?Coordinate with lease contracts organization, capital planning, engineering, project management, operations/RCAT to communicate network build plans and obtain stakeholder buy-in.
?Applicant needs to have an understanding of dependencies such as space, power, fiber and diversity and how they will affect their planned projects
?Responsible for identifying and working with the appropriate stakeholders to resolve issues and eliminate performance roadblocks
?Perform and provide data analysis, reports, and presentations for transport planning stakeholders.
?Demonstrate leadership, self-motivation and team orientation
?Train and mentor junior engineers.
?Flexibility with full-time schedule, including evenings, weekends, and being on-call.
?Participate in regular team meetings and conference calls on the projects they are responsible for
?Ability to locally commute and attend off-site partnership/stakeholder meetings when needed. (An average of 15% per month)
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
• Bachelor of Science Engineering degree and 5-10 years progressive technical experience designing SONET and Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) transport systems and drawing complex system diagrams using Visio. Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications as well as competent computer skills.
• The ability to learn the nuances of the position, absorb and eventually teach others that join the team
• A natural ability to lead others when called upon
• Strong organizational and time-management skills, self-starter, professionally driven, ability to meet deadlines, and comfortable working in fast-paced, dynamic settings.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, analytical and communication skills
• Candidate must demonstrate an ability to work with others, be flexible as priorities change, and be sensitive to deadlines and customer needs.
• Experience collecting and consolidating information from multiple tools, systems or platforms into a single database or data repository.
• Familiarity with Verizon systems - ICON, CCP, BGW, MECCA, NAUTLUS, CANVAS, TCOMS or nSAP is a plus.
Broadstaff, LLC., provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification protected by federal, state or local laws.
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales