Find your next opportunity now!
VP of Finance-FL
Jacksonville, FL 32202 US
The VP of Strategy works directly with the VP of Operations, Executive Leadership Team members, and Business Presidents to help solve the most important and complex questions and challenges facing SEU. The team focuses on enterprise-level issues, including strategy, business development, resource allocation, and growth initiatives.
The individual in this role will report directly to the VP of Operations and will partner with Business Leaders, BU Strategists, Finance, Accounting, and Corporate Development and the broader Corporate Strategy team to support various projects and initiatives.
This role will support ELT decision-making by leading development and analysis of the company's most important strategic choices. Leveraging their internal and external experience and network, the individual in this role will be encouraged to bring new ideas, make connections, and create relevance with our current and potential partners. This individual will be expected to invest in the development of strategy skills for individuals within the Corporate Strategy team as well as an informal network of individuals more broadly across the enterprise.
- Knowing how to be a strategic business planning partner
- Knowing where to get additional construction/business
- Lead interviews with stakeholders to understand trends, priorities, and issues to be addressed
- Help develop topics and agenda for the ELT to pursue
- Support business and functional leaders in replying to ELT requests
- Synthesize and evaluate business and function strategies and analyze the enterprise level impact Lead specific strategic initiatives
- Drive execution of specific projects, typically at the direction of the ELT or an ELT member
- Interface with senior leaders across the enterprise
- Lead teams of Strategy team members and business and functional experts Be a thought leader for the Strategy Group and Enterprise
- Identify enterprise-level issues and opportunities
- Bring in new ideas from your internal and external network
- Help bring an enterprise view to business and functional initiatives
- Develop cross-functional relationships across the enterprise
- Build strong partnerships with business leaders and strategists across the enterprise
- Manage development of junior team members
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of relevant experience with requisite competencies in corporate finance, business development, capital management, marketing, technology, or telecom
- General strategy acumen with specific expertise in corporate finance, business development, capital management, marketing or technology.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills for both internal and external audiences.
- Exceptional collaboration, inter-personal, and influencing skills.
- Evaluating WIP
- Project-oriented and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities and responsibilities.
- Creative and strategic thinking that inspires action by identifying and connecting opportunities, seeing gaps, and finding points of connectivity across the enterprise.
Meet Your Recruiter
Winner of Broadstaff's Rookie of the Year 2021, Hailey is a skilled Lead Career Consultant for Broadstaff and enjoys helping people find their dream jobs. When she is not working, you can find her on the golf course!
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales